Thursday, October 10, 2013

Comfort Food with a Kick

Last week I made a reduced Balsamic Glaze to use in cooking. http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2011/07/how-to-make-reduced-balsamic-glaze/

Today I will put it to use for Balsamic-Glazed Root Vegetables. http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2013/02/the-roots-balsamic-roasted-root-vegetables/  I made only a half the recipe because this is a test run to see if we "really, really" like it.

Fresh from the oven.
Snapshot by Me

We plan to serve it with crispy, fried talapia. Seems that they will be complimentary.

We are pretty much eating out of our pantry this month as we prepare for the big move. I'm getting anxious. I want to plant the garlic for next spring and get the winter veg into the ground! Soon, I know.
Everything happens in it's own time for a reason and ,generally, waiting makes the result much sweeter. So I'm learning about patience, again. One of the hardest lessons and one I seem to revisit frequently.

As we come into the dark time of the year our body seems to crave the foods that store the energy of the sun and the warmth of summer soil. What is your favorite fall vegetable recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment